Topped with marinated artichoke hearts, fresh spinach and tomatoes, chicken, and melty mozzarella, Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Pesto Pizza is an easy summer meal that’s bound to be a hit with your whole family!
Guys, we just enrolled my 5-year-old in kindergarten and she’s starting in a few weeks! Crazy!! How is she old enough for school?! We even went to Old Navy today to get her some new school clothes. I can’t get over how fast time flies.
But in the meantime, happy Friday, friends! Actually, we’re not talking about frying at all today. Today is all about da grill. So Happy Grillday! 🙂 Is there anything better than pizza on the grill? More specifically, this easy peasy Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Pesto Pizza? Nope. This is pizza and grilling at their best.
First of all, spinach and artichoke anything is freaking ahhhmazing, right? Add pesto, some chunks of juicy chicken, fresh tomatoes, and gooey, melty mozzarella and you’ll have the perfect summer weeknight meal to send your mouth soaring to Pizza Zen Land. And it’s ready in LESS. THAN. 30. I must mention that when we made these, our grill caught on fire a little :-O so the bottoms got burned. But know what? They were still incredible.
- 4 pita flatbreads
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- ⅔ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Chopped, fresh basil, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place flatbreads on a cookie sheet. Spread about 1 Tbsp pesto onto each flatbread. Sprinkle each with about 3 Tbsp artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle each with a little more than ¼ cup spinach. Add ¼ of the chopped tomatoes and about ½ cup cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with ½ cup mozzarella, garlic powder, and fresh basil.
- Please each flatbread right on the grill grate and grill, covered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.