Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese is cheesy, creamy, and oh-so-dreamy! It’s super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, kids love it!
A few months ago, a friend at work brought me some Edam cheese. I’d never tried it before and I turned to good ol’ Google to get more info. In my search, I learned that it’s a mild Dutch cheese that melts wonderfully. Then and there I knew what my Edam’s destiny would be. Mac and Cheese, of course!
So I concocted an Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese recipe that is super yummy and super simple to make. I added grilled chicken and broccoli to it for a satisfying main dish. I was so amazed at how beautifully the cheese melted to create a rich and creamy cheese sauce—and how well it adhered to my noodles. Best part? It stayed creamy—even after reheating! I brought some to work for lunch the next day and shared it with my friend. We both agreed my Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese was a winner. Best part? It’s kid-friendly AND perfect for busy weeknights!
- 8 oz. elbow noodles
- 1 pkg Steamables broccoli
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Edam cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken (I used Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips and heated them in the microwave. EASY!)
- Cook elbow noodles according to package directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in microwave, according to package directions.
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Slowly add milk to mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in cheeses until smooth and creamy. Add chicken and broccoli and stir to combine.