Philly Cheesesteak Burgers are piled high with provolone, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and pepperoncinis. They’re the perfect excuse to get your grill on!
Burgers with just ketchup are for wimps. But gourmet burgers topped with all sorts of yummy goodies—to the point that you can hardly wrap your mouth around them? Heaven. Plus, if you load enough veggies on your burger, you may as well be eating a salad, right? 😉
One of my absolute favorite burgers is this Philly Cheesesteak Burger, piled high with everything I adore on a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. Yep, this baby has it all—sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and even pepperoncinis. And, of course, a couple slices of melty provolone cheese.
If you’re a philly sandwich lover like me, you know what I’m talking about. In fact, the hubs and I often stop at Charley’s Grilled Subs when we’re at the mall. Their sandwiches are yummy. And their fries ain’t too shabby either.
So if you’re looking for a new way to beef up your burger (pun intended), fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy some of the juiciest, tastiest burgers on the planet.
- 1 lb ground beef (85% lean is best)
- 2 Tbsp A1 sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sliced pepperoncinis (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, A1 sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper (I use my hands to mix it all together). Shape into 2–4 equal patties, placing a small indentation in the middle of each patty. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and saute until veggies are crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are browned. Remove from heat.
- Place burgers on grill. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Flip burgers and grill, covered, for an additional 4 minutes. Top each patty with 2 slices of cheese and close grill lid. Leave burgers on grill until cheese is melted to your liking. Remove from grill.
- Place patties on hamburger buns, top each with bell pepper mixture and pepperoncinis.