So remember how I said in my last post that spring was here? Forget what I said. Pretend it didn’t happen. I’m trying to put it out of my mind because I got my hopes up too soon and forgot about how a Utah spring can look like the dead of winter some days. Take yesterday, for instance. DUMPED snow where I live. But then I went to work (about an hour away) where it was clear. That brightened my day. Until it DUMPED there, too.
But it’s okay, my friends. When I have delicious comfort food like these Baked Sweet and Saucy Meatballs to comfort me, it could be dumping down blizzardy blankets of snow and I wouldn’t care.
For these babies, I adjusted my favorite meatloaf recipe to make meatballs because I absolutely love the sauce. In fact, the reason I bake them in muffin tins is so that they can cook in the yummy sauce. The result? Incredibly juicy, sweet and savory meatballs that are delicious on a bed of rice.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 18 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients until fully incorporated (I just used my hands to "knead" the ingredients into the ground beef).
- Scoop ½ Tbsp of brown sugar sauce into bottom of each muffin tin, setting aside the remaining sauce.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop ground beef into balls, rolling them in your hands to make sure they'll stay together. Put each ball in a muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, scoop 1 tsp of remaining sauce onto each meatball and set oven to broil. Set aside remaining sauce.
- Bake meatballs for 3 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- Microwave remaining sauce for about 40 seconds or until warm. Serve remaining sauce with meatballs and drizzle sauce from muffin cups onto meatballs if desired.
Link Parties Linking Here: