Baked BBQ Turkey Meatballs are juicy, delicious, and coated with your favorite BBQ sauce. They’re super easy to make and the perfect finger food for any party!
I’ve learned something new, friends. Something extremely important that I want to share. Ready? When it comes to meatballs, ground turkey is just as good as ground beef. Mind = BLOWN. Am I the only one who is completely floored by this realization?
See, I’ve tried my share of turkey burgers and have always found them lacking. They’re kind of dry and just don’t have that incredible taste you can only enjoy with a true beef burger. It’s like they have to pack them with extra seasonings to make up for the lack of flavor. But I decided to try something new. I decided to give that good ol’ turkey another chance. And I am so freaking glad I did. Because these Baked BBQ Turkey Meatballs are legit. They’re juicy and surprisingly uber flavorful thanks to a little onion soup mix. Plus, you dip them in your favorite BBQ sauce for a sweet, spicy, and/or smoky kick. I highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s because it’s pretty much the mac daddy of BBQ sauces. Just sayin’.
So pop these babies in the oven, do a little happy dance because they are so ridiculously easy to make, and rejoice when you discover you have the perfect appetizer bound to be a hit at any party. Or serve these saucy beauties over rice for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1-1/2 lbs ground turkey
- ½ pkg onion soup mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup your favorite BBQ sauce, plus extra for coating
- 1 sleeve crushed saltines (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed (I used my hands).
- Shape mixture into 2-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned. You can turn on the broiler for the last few minutes to help it brown faster, if needed.