Celebrate Independence Day with this incredibly delicious snack! Fun and easy to make, Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn is the perfect 4th of July treat.
Can you believe July 4th is a week from Monday?! Is anyone else shocked by how fast time is flying? I’m excited, though, because Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. I mean, we’re talking warm weather, fireworks, BBQs, and, of course, this Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn. Can it get any better? No, my friends. No, it absolutely cannot.
Truthfully, I feel almost silly posting this recipe because it is just so ridiculously easy. But I couldn’t help sharing this treat that’s yummy to eat and fun to make. In fact, if you’re looking for a fun holiday-themed activity for the kiddos, this is it. Make some bags to bring to neighbors and you may just get offers to mow your lawn. Could happen, right?
Now a few weeks ago when I posted my Coconut Caramel Popcorn recipe, I explained that mushroom popcorn like this is the best kind to get. And it’s definitely true for this Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn as well. It produces big, fluffy popcorn that’s perfect for coating with white chocolate. Side note about white chocolate. Up to this point I have, for the most part, been very anti-white-chocolate. Mostly because I don’t like anything that tries to sneak itself into the coveted chocolate category when it doesn’t really contain any chocolate. Okay, it does contain cocoa butter, but not cocoa powder, the essential ingredient that makes chocolate…chocolate.
But for popcorn, white chocolate works. Actually, it not only works, but steals the show. Because white chocolate is so mild that pretty much anything sweet pairs well with it. Like M&Ms. Or chopped Oreo. Or Butterfinger. Or chopped pretzel. The possibilities are endless. But for July 4th, the choice is simple. Red, white, and blue M&Ms. So celebrate Independence Day by whipping up a batch of this Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn to enjoy as you watch the fireworks!
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 cups patriotic M&Ms
- Spread 2 strips parchment paper on counter so you have a big square. Pour popcorn onto it.
- Pour white chocolate chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 15 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to cook in 15-second intervals, stirring well between each time until white chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate onto popcorn, tossing well to coat the popcorn (I used my hands). Sprinkle M&Ms over popcorn and toss until well incorporated.
- Spread popcorn out over parchment paper to allow it to cool and set.