I am ALWAYS craving something with an Asian flair. My husband always craves pizza. So we both have to compromise. Last weekend, I won. 🙂
Anyone who knows me knows I love anything Asian-inspired. Except Sushi. I’m a wuss! I just can’t do seaweed and raw fish. But while I’m sure this salad is totally Americanized Chinese, I love this Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad. I have tried other salads that had crunchy Ramen noodles in them and decided to make one of my own. The salad is crunchy, sweet, and so flavorful. I served this at a party and got many requests for the recipe. The best part is you can add whatever veggies you want. The dressing is sweet and, of course, the sesame oil makes it pop.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 packages Oriental-flavor ramen noodle mix
- 3 Tbsp sesame seed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds (I used ½ bag of Honey Roasted Almond Accents)
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 small can mandarin oranges
- 2 bags (32 oz total) coleslaw mix
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in seasoning packets from noodles. Break noodles into small pieces over skillet and stir into butter mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in sesame seed. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until noodles are golden brown. (NOTE: Some noodles may appear quite dark, but it's okay)
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, oils, and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and noodle mixture; toss to combine.