This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. P.F. Chang‘s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. #AuthenticMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Juicy Baked Chicken Katsu with Mongolian BBQ Sauce is an easy, family-friendly meal that’s ready in 30. It’s made with P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce, which is new at Walmart! Serve the chicken over rice for a complete and simple weeknight dinner!
It is the beginning of November, friends. Did that sneak up on you as it did for me?! And we all know what that means. It means the holiday hustle and bustle is just around the corner. I love the holidays, but for a busy working mom like me, they can get stressful pretty quickly. My schedule is already starting to fill up, which is great! But it also makes me want to curl up in a ball, hide under a blanket, and hibernate until the spring.
That’s why I’m always on the lookout for dinner winners—meals that are quick and easy to make AND that my picky daughters will love. They aren’t always easy to find or create. But I’ve got great news for all you busy parents out there: this Baked Chicken Katsu with Mongolian BBQ Sauce is SO GOOD and beyond easy to make. I’m talking SUPER simple. The only way it would be easier is if someone made it for you. And I’m guessing most of us don’t have personal chefs. After all, you came here looking for an easy and yummy meal you could make at home, right? Well, this is it. These flavorful, juicy chicken breasts lovingly coated with a golden-brown panko crust are your new BFFs.
But let me tell you what really makes this Baked Chicken Katsu with Mongolian BBQ Sauce so great. It’s all about the amazing sauce.
It’s P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce, one of five spanking-new, delicious flavors of P.F. Changs Home Menu Sauces available at Walmart. I found it in the Asian Food aisle, along with the other four sauces: Soy, Teriyaki, Sesame, and Kung Pao.
This is truly Asian Cuisine made easy. The beauty is the sauce works double duty for this recipe: first as a marinade to deliver incredible flavor and second as an agent to help the panko crumbs adhere to the chicken. That’s right—no flour or eggs required! Six simple ingredients are all you need to make Baked Chicken Katsu with Mongolian BBQ Sauce at home.
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then pound your chicken breasts until they’re about 1/2-inch thick. And here’s a hack that’ll save you time and mess. Pound them in a gallon-sized storage bag and then just pour your marinade in the bag! Easy peasy!
Marinate the breasts in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, let’s get those panko crumbs nice and golden. Pre-browning the crumbs slightly will give you the crispy brown coating we all love in katsu dishes—without the frying. YAY!
Combine your panko crumbs and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Bake them for 12 minutes, flip them, and bake them for another 12. And voila! Perfectly browned, panko-crusted chicken breasts ready for you and your family to enjoy. And yes, even picky eaters will love them. My 6-year-old daughter inhaled hers!
The P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce is absolutely delicious! Which P.F. Chang’s Home Menu sauce are you most excited to try? Click here for more great recipes using P.F. Chang’s Home Menu sauces.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅔ cup P.F. Chang's® Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon-sized plastic bag and pound them to ½-inch thickness.
- Pour P.F. Chang's Home Menu Monglian BBQ Sauce in bag and place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, combine panko crumbs and olive oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crumbs are golden-brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Stir in garlic powder and ground ginger. Pour panko mixture onto a large plate.
- Dip marinated chicken breasts, one at a time, into panko mixture, pressing crumbs into breasts to fully coat.
- Place breasts on prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until internal temperature of breasts reaches 165 degrees. Remove breasts from oven, serve over rice, and serve or drizzle with additional sauce. Enjoy!
P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission.