Infused with a hint of peanut butter, these Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside. But beware! They’re super addicting!
Happy 2017, friends! Ahhh, the new year. A time to reflect on the past year and resolve to be better for the next. For many, one main resolution is to lose weight and exercise more. That’s certainly the case for me. And I know it will be an uphill battle because come April, I’ll be carrying about 40 pounds of baby weight and will be deliriously exhausted from the lack of sleep that comes from taking care of a newborn.
So I’ll be watching the cals (or Weight Watchers points) and exercising however and whenever I can. But I know that it’s difficult to stick to a diet when you don’t allow yourself an indulgence every once in awhile. That’s why I’m sharing this Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe right now—right smack in the middle of you making your New Year’s resolutions. Because when you’ve been following your diet to a T and need a little something sweet, you’ll know where to turn.
And friends, these Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are totally worth the sacrifice. They are infused with just the right amount of peanut butter so it doesn’t overpower the cookie. They’re delightfully crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside. My 3-year old declared that they were her favorite cookies ever and kept trying to sneak a few extra. I can’t say I blame her. 🙂
So whip up a batch to share with family, coworkers, or neighbors, but make sure to keep a few for yourself. You made it though another year—you deserve it!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bag milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 degrees C).
- In a mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then mix in the honey, water, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.