This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success®. I received a complimentary box of Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa Boil-in-Bag for this post.
Avoid the stress and mess of dinner prep with yummy, easy, and family-friendly Chicken and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Soup!
Quinoa has become the superfood over the past few years, and I can see why. Packed with amino acids, iron, and plenty of fiber, this gluten-free grain is AMAZING. My favorite part? It’s an excellent source of protein, which I know is key for those of us who exercise regularly. And the deliciously sweet and nutty flavor makes it an excellent companion to stir-fries. Or you can use it in energy bars or granola. It’s also great to use in breakfasts and desserts!
As a full-time-working mama, I don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, so I haven’t used quinoa in my meals as much as I’d like. Because normally, you have to rinse it off in water before cooking it. But Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa has changed all of that for me. Now, with their convenient boil-in-bag variety, preparing quinoa is quick and easy. We’re talking 10 minutes! I just throw it in the microwave or boil it on the stove and ta-da! I have a yummy and wholesome grain that I can add to any of my favorite main dishes or use as a side dish. It’s my new go-to for crazy weeknights! Success is in the bag.®
Plus, Success® Tri-Color 100% Quinoa is wonderfully light and fluffy, and I love the beautiful blend of black, red, and white quinoa.
I especially love it in my simple and delicious Chicken and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Soup. My family loves chicken noodle soup, and I decided to amp it up with hearty quinoa and “summer-ize” it with fresh summer veggies. What’s great is this recipe is so versatile. You can substitute your favorite veggies to make it your own. What I love is it takes the stress and mess out of dinner preparation because it’s a one-pot meal that’s ready in 15 minutes!
Check out how easy this Chicken and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Soup is to prepare.
First, grab your ingredients.
Want some more quinoa recipe inspiration? Check out the Success website for more delicious ideas!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about ½ large)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini (about ½ large), sliced and quartered
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 bag Success® Quinoa
- 1 cup frozen, fresh, or canned corn kernels
- Shredded Parmesan (optional)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and carrots. Sauté vegetables until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini, lemon juice, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper (if using) and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, quinoa, and corn, and cook until heated through. Divide into 6 bowls and sprinkle each with shredded Parmesan. Enjoy!