This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
Super simple and delicious, Easy Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Skillet is the perfect weeknight meal your whole family will love!
Can you believe in just one mere month, it’ll be back to school, back to homework, back to carpools, back to after-school activities, and back to a more hectic and crazy schedule—for kids and for parents? After I’m through hyperventilating at how busy life is about to become, I try to think of easy, kid-friendly recipes I can whip up to make weeknights a breeze. Then I head to my local Walmart, where I can find great deals on all the essentials I need to make that happen.
It is so easy to create a delicious, family-friendly meal perfect for back-to-school. Ready to make it even easier? Hover over the photo below to purchase your Campbell Soup Company products on Walmart.com!
Because if you’re like me, the last thing you want to do on a weeknight is open the refrigerator door and stare blankly into the abyss, contemplating calling the pizza delivery place yet again. Are two times in one week too many? Is it bad that they not only know my name at the pizza place, but also recognize my voice when I call? These are questions you may ask yourself on these desperate nights. I’ve been there, friends. But I’m here to tell you there’s a much better way. Because in the time it takes you to order pizza and try to appease the hangry kids while you wait for the pizza guy or gal to come to your doorstep, you could cook up a delicious, homemade meal that your whole family will enjoy.
That’s where this Easy Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Skillet comes in. It’s a quick and super easy one-pot meal that is ready in no time. What makes it so fast and simple to prepare? I’m glad you asked. We have Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup to thank for the rich, tomato-based sauce. Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup is a pantry staple at our house because we can warm it up and serve it as is or add goodies and put our own spin on it to create something completely new. And the pre-cooked shredded chicken that makes this dinner a cinch to throw together? It’s low-fat and heart-healthy Swanson® Premium Chicken. Isn’t it wonderful when two handy pantry staples come together to make such a hearty and yummy dinner? These two power players make weeknight meals like this Easy Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Skillet a breeze!I found the Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup and Swanson® Premium Chicken, as well as the other ingredients, at my local Walmart. The tomato soup was in the Soup aisle and the chicken was in the Canned Pasta aisle.
I also got some V8 Splash® to go along with the meal and was super impressed by the variety of flavors available. I, of course, went for the Strawberry Lemonade because my family is obsessed with it. And I love that it’s a great source of Vitamin C.
Now let me show you how easy it is to make this Easy Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Skillet. First, grab your ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 10¾-oz can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 12.5-oz can Swanson® Premium Chicken, drained
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onions, and garlic. Sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add diced tomatoes and half and half, stirring until mixture is creamy.
- Add Swanson® Premium Chicken, stirring to shred chicken and incorporate it into mixture.
- Stir in cooked pasta and sprinkle entire mixture with mozzarella. Stir to combine until cheese is melted. Divide into 4 bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!