Easy Honey Chicken is one of the easiest meals I’ve ever made! Tender chicken coated in a sweet and tangy sauce is delicious over rice and perfect for a weeknight!
Guys, I’m taking a trip down memory lane. The hubs is watching clips from classic 80s movies and we’re jamming to the music. Pretty in Pink, Dirty Dancing, Flashdance. It’s the perfect end to a pretty decent day. Yesterday though? Yesterday was more like this.
Not to mention, I get to share one of my favorite chicken recipes. This Easy Honey Chicken is a snap to make (we’re talking 10 minutes, people!) and it’s super yummy. Tender chicken blanketed in a sweet and savory honey sauce and lovingly spooned over a bed of rice. What could be better? I seriously want to make it every day. I buy a package of InnovAsian frozen vegetable fried rice and pop it in the microwave while I’m making the chicken. DINNER. IN. TEN.
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly brown (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and toss to combine. Pour honey mixture into skillet and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions.