Are you ready for Father’s Day? I am SO NOT. I have no idea what I’m getting my dad, the hubs, or my father-in-law. Like pretty much every other holiday or special occasion, it is just sneaking up on me.
But there’s one thing I can be sure of for Father’s Day. There is going to be food. And it’s gonna be GOOOOOOD. Because that’s how we roll. We don’t really like gross food. 😉 And because it’s grilling weather and grilled food is pretty much a Father’s Day staple, we’ll be firing ours up. Yeah, baby! It’s on.
Which brings me to these Foil Grilled Loaded Potatoes. I can’t even tell you how much I love them. But I’m sure as heck gonna try anyway. 🙂 They freaking rock my world. I mean, first of all, grilling your food in foil packets is pretty much the coolest way ever to cook it. Second of all, LOADED POTATOES, my friends. What’s not to love? Delicious grilled Ranch potatoes topped with melty cheese, fresh green onions, and crisp bacon. Throw these on the grill with this Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken and you have a meal fit for a king (a.k.a. the best dad or husband on the planet). Now to decide what to get him…
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp Ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and/or Pepper Jack cheese (I did half and half)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, and Ranch seasoning, tossing to coat potatoes with Ranch.
- Place potatoes in the middle of a large sheet of aluminum foil. Fold foil closed lengthwise and then fold sides to seal packet.
- Grill for 9 minutes and then flip packet. Grill for an additional 9 minutes.
- Remove from grill and carefully open packet. Sprinkle with cheese. With packet still open, put it back on grill and grill it for an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from grill.
- Sprinkle with green onions and bacon.