You’re set for your next Chili Cook-off with this Instant Pot Beer Chili. It’s so easy to make and packed with beans, ground beef, and corn. Beer brings the perfect zing to round out this comforting, hearty dinner!
It’s so funny to be thinking about chili when the weather here is…so UNchilly. I mean, it’s not 70 degrees, but it also is unseasonably mild. Usually by now, we have at least a foot of snow on the ground that lingers until March. We’ve had a couple small snowfalls this season, but they didn’t last long—and most certainly didn’t stick. The snow promptly melted the following day, leaving all of us Utahans in awe. Needless to say, the tagline,”Greatest snow on earth,” found on many Utah license plates, is a little ironic.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t and don’t enjoy a steaming bowl of good ol’ chili. I had a can of beer leftover from my husband’s Cousin Eddie outfit, which he wore to his work Christmas party—robe, trapper hat, boots, and all. I also had my Instant Pot and thought Why not make Instant Pot Beer Chili? I’m so glad I did, friends. It’s super quick to make and so easy. It packs just a little zing, but if you want to turn up the heat, try adding some dashes of cayenne pepper or grab a can of spicy chili beans. Either way, you’re in for a soothing, delicious bowl of chili nirvana.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 tsp)
- 12 oz beer
- 2 14.5-oz cans crushed tomatoes with puree
- 1 15.25-oz can black beans, drained
- 1 16-oz can chili beans
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, tortilla strips
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and wait for it to heat up. Add ground beef and saute until browned.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and continue to saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour in beer and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Press Cancel on Instant Pot. Pour in crushed tomatoes with puree, black beans, chili beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Set Instant Pot to Chili and cook for 20 minutes (or longer for even more intense flavor). Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!