This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
Loaded Trail Mix Cookies are packed with Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola and all your favorite trail mix goodies!
Sweet and salty. Salty and sweet. The two cravings I get almost daily. And when I can satisfy both at the same time? Pure heaven, my friends. That’s what I love about trail mix. You have the sweet from the chocolate chips and the natural sweetness from the plump raisins and dried fruit. Then you have the salty from the nuts. Truly one of the best snacks on the planet. So when I thought of throwing it into these Loaded Trail Mix Cookies along with Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola, I was about as excited as a 5th grader on the last day of school before summer vacay.
What I love about Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola is that it’s packed with good-for-you super grains and seeds, like whole grain oats, whole grain wheat, flaxseed, red quinoa, sunflower seeds, and barley. It’s also a great source of fiber and ALA Omega-3s. It’s the perfect way to start your day. Sprinkle it in your yogurt, enjoy a bowl of it with some milk, or munch on it straight from the bag for a satisfying snack. Or you can, of course, mix it into your favorite cookie recipe for added crunch and that boost of nutrition you’re looking for.
For these Loaded Trail Mix Cookies, I used the Real Medley’s SuperGrains Granola in Cinnamon Apple Walnut. The burst of flavor and wonderfully unique texture combination of the cinnamon, dried apple, and crunchy walnuts with the white chocolate, raisins, and shredded coconut in these trail mix cookies is amazing. They truly are loaded with deliciousness and the all-important grains and seeds, so you can indulge without the guilt.
First, combine the sugars, butter, and coconut oil until smooth.
Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Then, add the flour.
Stir the mixture until everything is well incorporated. Refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes. Then, take about 1/8 cup of the batter and roll it into a ball. Place it on your cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola, Cinnamon Apple Walnut flavor
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes (7-oz bag)
- 1 12-oz package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugars, butter, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Then add flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola, coconut, white chocolate chips, and raisins until well mixed. Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out ⅛ cup of the batter, roll it into a ball, and place it onto the cookie sheet. Continue with remaining batter.
- Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball to about ¾-inch thickness.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until cookie edges start to turn golden. Remove from oven and keep cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.