Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are decadent, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-and-chewy-on-the-inside cookies featuring an incredible warm and creamy Nutella center.
A few weeks ago, my department threw me a baby shower lunch, after which one of my coworkers went to a bakery down the street to get some treats to bring back to the office. One of the treats was Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. And OH. MY. GOSH. Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe what those babies were. They were huge, thick, chewy chocolate chip cookies that featured a baby bump (how fitting!) of delicious Nutella. Thankfully, they were just big enough that I didn’t have room in my stomach for more than one.
After that, I knew I had to create my own version of Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies at home. After all, when I’m stuck in the house in my post-baby exhaustion in a couple weeks, I’m gonna need my chocolate fix. So, friends, I tweaked my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe a little and lovingly tucked a soft and gooey Nutella ball into the center of each cookie. The result? Decadent, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-and-chewy-on-the-inside cookies featuring the all-important warm and creamy Nutella center. Heaven help me. These Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly divine and completely addicting. And now that I have the recipe, I can make them whenever I want. I’m still trying to decide if that’s a good or a bad thing! Either way, the recipe makes about 18 cookies, so there’s plenty to share with neighbors or coworkers. That is, if you can stand to part with them. 😉
- 9 Tbsp (a little more than ½ cup) Nutella
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out ½ Tbsp Nutella and place onto the pan. Continue until you have at least 18 balls. (You may want to scoop a couple extra balls just in case). Place balls in freezer until ready to use.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well blended. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate batter for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove Nutella balls from freezer.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp cookie dough out of bowl and flatten slightly. Place a Nutella ball in the middle and scoop another 1 Tbsp cookie dough out and place on top of Nutella ball. Form sides of cookie dough around Nutella to cover it completely and roll into a ball. Place each ball on the cookie sheet (note: these cookies will be bigger than your average cookie!)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are golden. Cool on sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!