These succulent Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs are delicious and so easy! Serve them over a bed of rice, drizzle them with the sauce, and you’re good to go!
When I find a good slow cooker recipe that’s simple and delicious, I want to do a happy dance. Because as a full-time working mama with little time to spend rattling the pots and pans, there’s nothing I love more than an easy set-it-and-forget-it meal. Especially if it’s Asian-inspired.
Like these Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs. Truth be told, I had never cooked short ribs before, but I’d seen many variations of slow cooker short rib recipes floating around on the web. After I made these, I felt like a whole new world had opened up for me. And now I have that Aladdin song stuck in my head! “A whole new world! A new fantastic point of view…” 🙂
But I’m telling you. These Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs are beyond amazing, and you don’t need to take a magic carpet ride to get them. Just throw them in the slow cooker and let ’em slow cook to tender, wonderfully yummy perfection while you focus on more important things, like choosing your Halloween costume, decorating for fall, soaking in the tub, or Christmas shopping. And if you choose the latter, I envy your organization skills and you must share your secret with me! 🙂
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (2 cloves) minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 4 boneless beef short ribs (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- White or brown rice (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add short ribs and stir to combine. Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and pour cooking juices into a medium skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water until smooth. Add to cooking juices in skillet and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve short ribs over rice and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!