This post has been sponsored by The Kraft Heinz Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Some of my favorite memories are centered around family get-togethers and cookouts in my parents’ backyard. They’re what I look forward to most once the weather starts to warm up. My parents have a pool in their backyard and once they open it at the end of May, it marks the beginning of summer for my family.
After that, we’re all over there almost every weekend to enjoy some fun in the sun, family time, and, of course, delicious food. My family always goes all out with a wonderful spread of fresh sides, decadent desserts, and yummy meats to throw on the grill. One thing that the adults and kids alike love to enjoy straight from the grill are hot dogs.
When I buy hot dogs, I look for a brand that delivers consistent, high-quality hot dogs. For me, that’s Oscar Mayer. And with their new recipe containing no artificial preservatives, nitrates, or fillers, Oscar Mayer hot dogs are perfect for me and my family to enjoy all summer long. Our favorite kind is Bun-Length Angus Beef Uncured Beef Franks. They’re hearty, tasty, and the perfect component to my Backyard BBQ Hot Dogs—grilled hot dogs topped with sweet BBQ sauce and tangy, crunchy homemade coleslaw.
My Backyard BBQ Hot Dogs are a must for any summer cookout and are super easy to make. I found all the ingredients I needed to make them at my local Walmart. I shop there often for our groceries, and I love Walmart’s everyday low prices.
I found the Oscar Mayer Bun-Length Angus Beef Uncured Beef Franks in the section specifically marked “Hot Dogs.”
First, gather all the ingredients. Now is a good time to fire up your grill, too. Set it to medium heat.
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped kale (about 2 large leaves)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1-½ Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 package Oscar Mayer Bun-Length Angus Beef Uncured Beef Franks
- Kraft Slow-Simmered Honey BBQ Sauce
- 8 hot dog buns
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine coleslaw mix and kale in a large bowl. Add the carrots, bell pepper, and green onions. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, sugar, and celery seed.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture onto the coleslaw/kale mixture and toss to combine, making sure to coat all of the coleslaw and veggies with the dressing. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place hot dogs on grill and close lid. Grill, 7 to 9 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place hot dogs into buns. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with coleslaw. Serve immediately and enjoy!