Fluffy, golden-brown Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are chock full of ripe bananas and rich chocolate chips. They’re perfect for bake sales, neighbor gifts, breakfast, or dessert!
Do you like to nosh on bananas? Even if you don’t, you are going to LOVE these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I got the recipe from my buddy Tyler Florence (okay, we’re not really buddies, but I feel like I know him because these muffins have changed my life). I altered the recipe to suit my taste, and all I can say is the result is so amazing, you might just go bananas for ’em.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins just don’t last at my house. I can’t keep them around because my daughter and her friends all but inhale these (okay, I might grab a few…shhhh). I’m telling you—these babies bring people together. Have a boring meeting at work you have to conduct? Entice people in with these, and they’ll be fighting for seats at your next one. Maybe you’ll have to hire a bouncer to stand outside your conference room door and check people in.
My daughter often requests these as her lunch dessert. In fact, the last time I made them, she walked in the house and immediately exclaimed, “Did you make those banana chocolate chip muffins?!” These spongy, fluffy muffins, browned to perfection and chock full of sweet, ripe bananas and rich chocolate chips are perfect for breakfast, dessert, neighbor treats, and midnight snacks. Just be warned: they will disappear before your very eyes, so make sure to sneak a few for yourself!
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk works)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash 2 of the bananas with a fork so they are still slightly lumpy. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the other 2 bananas, brown sugar, and butter together. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into the banana mixture until combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for a few minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Enjoy!