Happy Friday, friends! Or should I say happy Stir-Fry Day? Because that’s what it is to me. In fact, I’d be happy if every day could be Stir-Fry Day. Especially if it involved a crazy-good Saucy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry like this one. I’ve always said the two things I could eat every day are steak and stir-fry. Well this dish combines both. I know basic Beef and Broccoli is the epitome of Chinese-American food, but this dish gives those boring ol’ Beef and Broccoli dishes a swift karate kick to the groin. Because it is THE BEST. No need for take-out!
Ahhh yes, tender, succulent beef strips combined with crisp, fresh veggies and simmered in a savory, delicious sauce and then served over rice. And it is so quick and easy to make. Guaranteed to send it soaring to the top of your weeknight favorites list. Another great part? It’s so versatile. I’ve tried subbing chicken for the beef and chicken bouillon for the beef bouillon and it’s just as delicious. I’ve even tried it with pork. You could even do shrimp. And you can use any veggies you want (or that your family will eat). Try it today and make today Stir-Fry Day!
- 1 cube beef bouillon (or 1 tsp beef bouillon granules)
- 1 cup boiling water (just microwave for a minute and a half)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- ½ large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine the cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; add to bouillon. Set aside.
- Toss beef with garlic, ginger, and pepper. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until cooked as desired; remove and keep warm.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in pan and stir-fry onions and peppers until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil; stir-fry mushrooms until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add broccoli to pan and pour in just enough water to cover bottom. Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Discard water, if any remains.
- Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and beef back into pan. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet. Add sesame oil and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Link Parties Linking Here: