Deliciously rich and satisfying, this set-it-and-forget-it Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken is a family-friendly meal perfect for cold winter nights!
Is there anything better on a cold winter’s day than an easy, comforting, set-and-forget meal? Especially on a day like today, friends. On my way in to work, it snowed. And then it rained. And then it snowed a whole heck of a lot more and my car slid every time I stopped at a light. And then it rained and now it’s dumping snow again. Mother Nature is toying with my emotions and it’s driving me nuts. If we went to school together, she would definitely be in the Mean Girls group, always manipulating people and laughing as they struggled to deal with what she threw at them.
But nothing trumps an ugly Mother Nature storm like soothing homemade slow cooker meals like this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken. With only five ingredients, it’s so ridiculously easy that my 5-year old could do it. And SO deliciously creamy and satisfying on a dreary day like today. Serve the creamy chicken over pasta or rice for a complete, hearty, and family-friendly meal you’ll rely on again and again.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 8-oz package Neufchatel cheese
- 1 10.5-oz can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a slow cooker, stir together the water and dressing. Add chicken and spoon dressing mixture over it. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the Neufchatel and soup. Pour mixture over chicken and dressing mixture in slow cooker. Cook 1 hour longer.
- Stir mixture together and serve over noodles or rice. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and/or red pepper flakes, if desired.