This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect spring treat! They’re light and airy lemon cupcakes topped with luscious, fresh strawberry buttercream.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Am I doing a throwback to Christmas? Absolutely not. I’m talking about spring, my friends. Because after a long, harsh winter, there’s no better time of year or season than spring. It’s a time to shed our puffy jackets, gaze in wonder at the beautiful, lush greenery popping up around us, and enjoy the longer, warmer days.
One of my favorite things to do when spring hits is bake. With Easter and Mother’s Day just around the corner, there’s no shortage of excuses to bake delicious sweets and treats to share with family and friends. And after going from piping-hot comfort food like casseroles and soups in the winter, fresh fruit and anything citrus-flavored is a must—especially when it comes to baking. That’s what I love about these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. The lemon cupcakes are fluffy, airy, and light with an out-of-this-world citrus taste perfect for spring. Any frosting or glaze is great on them. But my favorite is luscious, fresh strawberry buttercream. Put the two together and you have a treat reminiscent of the refreshingly sweet and tart drink sure to satisfy on the warmer days. Best part? These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are perfect for any occasion and event—and sure to please any family member or guest.
Something that’s a must when it comes to baking is making sure you use quality ingredients. It makes such a difference with the taste and texture of your finished product. That’s what I love about Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Organic Flour. Perfect for everyday use, it’s not enriched with any additives and is a must for spring baking. And guess what? It’s the the same high-quality, high-protein flour used by professional bakers—and you can use it for any of your baking needs at home. Bob’s also has other flour options to suit any diet, like Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour and Paleo Baking Flour.
For this recipe, it’s Bob’s All-Purpose Organic Flour that helps give my Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes their amazing, incredibly light and airy texture. Ready to try it? Then let’s get baking!
These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are easy to make. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Gather all your ingredients for the cupcakes.
Beat 1/3 the flour into the butter mixture, then add half the milk and lemon juice. Add another third of flour mixture, then the remaining milk and lemon juice. Follow with the last 1/3 of flour. Then fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake those beauties in your preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then remove them to cooling racks to cool completely before frosting.
- LEMON CUPCAKES
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- FRESH STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, trimmed
- 1 cup butter
- 3-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- MAKE THE CUPCAKES. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at at time. Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Beat ⅓ of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then pour in half the milk and half the lemon juice. Mix until combined. Mix in another ⅓ of the flour and pour in remaining milk and lemon juice. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour in last ⅓ of the flour and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full with batter. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Allow them to cool completely before frosting them.
- MAKE THE FROSTING. Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Pour puree into a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often, until puree is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely (I put mine in the fridge).
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy (note: this will take awhile. But don't get discouraged--you'll whip it into shape eventually!).
- Beat in 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Add ⅓ of the puree and the vanilla extract and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar again, followed by another ⅓ of the puree and blend well. Repeat.
- Beat in last ½ cup powdered sugar until blended and fluffy. Frost lemon cupcakes with buttercream frosting and enjoy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.