This 30-minute Beef Lo Mein is so delicious and simple to make. Packed with tender strips of beef, veggies, and noodles in a sweet-spicy sauce, it’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Ahhhh, Thanksgiving is officially over. And now it’s time to get ready for the craziest, busiest, most wonderful time of the year. Are you listening to Christmas music yet? Admittedly, I’ve been listening to it for the past couple weeks. And I’m binge-watching all the Hallmark Christmas movies I can handle. Maybe it’s because Thanksgiving came early this year, but my Christmas kick started a lot sooner than usual. But that doesn’t mean I’ve gotten any of my Christmas shopping done. Neoooh, no, no. That’s what the eleventh hour was made for, right?
But it’s okay. Because even when I’m frantically rushing to get every present before the big day, at least I can count on easy and delicious meals like this Beef Lo Mein. Packed with flavorful beef strips, veggies, noodles, and a deliciously sweet/spicy sauce, it’s the perfect dinner for busy weeknights. Oh, PLUS it’s way better and cheaper than any takeout you can get. AND it’s super quick to whip up. We’re talking 30 minutes, my friends. Now you have more time to make your season merry and bright every night. 🙂
- 1 8-oz package spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tsp)
- 1-1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, sriracha, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef strips and saute until browned. Remove from heat.
- To same pan, add broccoli florets and add about 2 Tbsp water. Steam broccoli until crisp-tender. Remove from heat (you can add it to the beef strips).
- Add more oil to pan if needed, then add bell pepper and onion. Saute until crisp-tender. Add snow peas and carrots and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add beef, broccoli, and noodles to bell pepper mixture. Stir sauce and pour into skillet. Toss to combine and coat noodles. Divide onto 4 plates, top with green onions, and enjoy!