Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage is hearty and easy to make! It’s packed with veggies, a rich and flavorful tomato sauce, ground beef, and Italian sausages.
So I took the plunge. Now I’m not one to up and buy the latest and greatest stuff just because. In fact, if everyone and their dog likes something, it makes me not want to like it so much. Weird, I know.
But I did my research online and read countless reviews on the Instant Pot, and I decided to get one. And by that, I mean my husband got me one for Christmas. So far, we’ve made mashed potatoes, beef tips, and this Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage. For this, I took our go-to spaghetti sauce recipe and adapted it for Instant Pot cooking. I gotta say I’m impressed. This sauce is easy enough to make on the stove top (in fact, I have the instructions for that version below), but there’s something about all the flavors and veggies and meat cooking under pressure in the Instant Pot together that just takes it from yummy to YOWZA! Maybe it’s like I sometimes experience at work, when we all get together to finish a project with a tight deadline looming and come up with something amazing. Could that mean everything is better when done under pressure, and I can leave my clean laundry on the laundry room floor until I actually have someone coming to visit and need to clean it up ASAP? 🙂
So about this sauce. If you’re looking to up your spaghetti game with a hearty, delicious, chunky, everything-in-it-but-the-kitchen-sink spaghetti sauce, this Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage is for you. It’s simple to make and family-friendly, packed with veggies, diced tomatoes, and ground beef AND OH…Italian sausages!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 19-oz. pkg Italian Sausages
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-oz. pkg sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup red wine, white wine, or beef broth
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked spaghetti noodles
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Once it's hot, add olive oil and sausages. Saute sausages, flipping frequently, until browned. Remove from Instant Pot.
- Add ground beef to Instant Pot and saute until browned. Remove from Instant Pot.
- Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic to Instant Pot and saute until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Pour ¼ cup wine or beef broth to pot and scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot as you continue to stir the veggies.
- Add sausages and ground beef back in and add tomato paste. Stir to coat meat and veggies with paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and select Cancel on the Instant Pot to stop saute function. Secure the Instant Pot lid, select Manual, and cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use the Quick Release function and when complete, open the lid. Divide spaghetti noodles onto 6 plates. Spoon spaghetti sauce on top of each and sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy!