Saucy Slow Cooker Beef Tips are tender, melt-in-your-mouth chunks of beef slow cooked in a deliciously rich au jus sauce. They’re super easy to make and perfect for the whole family!
Ahhh meat. I was in a meeting awhile back where they asked a group of us ladies what our favorite foods were. Some responded with sushi or salad. Some with pasta. My response? Steak. I don’t know what it is, but I love me some red meat. And I crave it often. Maybe I should have been a cave woman or something. And though I eat it in moderation, as I should, I can’t resist a good piece of steak or a slice of slow-cooked or smoked, tender beef when I can get it.
That’s why I’m super excited to share my Saucy Slow Cooker Beef Tips with you. They’re everything I love about a good slow cooker recipe—all in one. Meat? Check. Easy? Heck yeah. Less mess? You better believe it, baby. Extra sauce to drizzle/spoon/gulp as you see fit? Pssshh, of course! AND the best part? My picky daughters actually ate it. Even my 4-year old, who rarely eats anything that doesn’t contain chocolate or butter or that isn’t drizzled with syrup or blanketed in a cheese sauce. This is truly family cooking at its absolute best.
Juicy, melt-in-your-mouth beef tips are slow cooked in a savory and flavorful au jus sauce with fresh onions and mushrooms. Can you think of a better way to end a busy day than to spoon this glorious mixture over some hot and creamy mashed potatoes? Nope. Cuz there isn’t one. So pull out your slow cooker and get ready to rock your weeknight with a meal your whole family will enjoy—and that you’ll rely on for busy school nights!
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 1 lb.), cut into chunks
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 2-1/3 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Place mushrooms and onions in slow cooker. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak chunks with salt and pepper and then brown them in the skillet, adding more olive oil if needed. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add onion soup mix, broth, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet, stirring to loosen up any browned bits. Pour over meat in slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Add mixture to slow cooker and cook an additional 15-30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, if desired.