Easy Luscious Peach Cobbler is simple to make and delicious, with juicy peaches nestled in a buttery, fluffy cake topping. Top it with ice cream for a yummy dessert your whole family will enjoy!
Awhile back, Shannon jarred some tomatoes and peaches and gave me one of each. I knew right away what I’d be doing with the tomatoes. Psssh. Spaghetti sauce, of course! It was amazing. Probably the best I’ve ever made. F’reals. But the peaches? I had to think about that. I don’t often bake with fruit, mostly because I don’t really love pie. But then I got to thinking about the couple times I’ve had peach cobbler, and I recalled it being pretty good.
So, in true food blogger form, I decided to recreate it at home. And friends? I had forgotten how amazing peach cobbler truly is. Luscious peaches simmered in a lemon-and-cinnamon-spiked sauce and topped with a buttery, cakey crust? DROOL. Served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top? Completely and decadently delicious. The best part is this Easy Luscious Peach Cobbler is—you guessed it—super EASY to make!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh or canned peaches
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 374 degrees. Place butter in a 13x9" baking dish and place it in the oven. Remove dish when butter has melted (make sure it doesn't burn!).
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter in baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring sugar, peach slices, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over batter in pan (do not stir).
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cobbler rest for 30 minutes before serving. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!