Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Balsamic Glaze is a quick and easy weeknight meal. The chicken and veggies are roasted to golden-brown, crispy perfection and drizzled with a sweet and tart balsamic glaze!Holy moly, friends. This pregnancy is kicking my butt! Between the heartburn, cramps, little sleep, and the fact that I seem to be dropping everything at a time I can hardly bend down, I’m about ready to scream. Plus, keeping up with the two kids I already have is exhausting in and of itself. What saves me on crazy weeknights when all I want to do is take a nice warm bath and crawl into bed are super easy, super yummy weeknight meals like this Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Balsamic Glaze.
First of all, can we agree that balsamic glaze is pretty much the best thing ever? The sweet/tart sauce is good on just about anything and takes an ordinary dish to out-of-this-world extraordinary. For this dish, you drizzle it on golden-brown roasted chicken thighs and deliciously crispy roasted veggies. Potatoes, carrots, and green beans to be exact. I’d call it a one-pan dish except for the fact that you make the glaze separately on the stove. But you roast the chicken and veggies together—it really couldn’t get any easier!
So if, like me, you find yourself longing for a family-friendly meal that is healthy, easy, and quick to whip up, make sure to try this Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Balsamic Glaze. It’s fancy enough for company but easy enough for a weeknight family meal. Pssst…it’s also a great meal to take to neighbors.
- Chicken and Vegetables
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks (I cut mine in 8ths)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Balsamic Glaze
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots, and green beans. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss chicken and vegetables together until all are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip chicken and vegetables, and roast for an additional 15 minutes.* Meanwhile, prepare balsamic glaze.
- To prepare glaze, combine balsamic vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.**
- Remove chicken and vegetables from oven and spoon onto plates. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
**As it cools, the balsamic glaze will thicken and get pretty sticky. If it cools too much, simply reheat it over medium heat to get it to liquefy.