Packed with ground turkey, beans, and rice, this delicious, perfect-for-fall Hearty Southwestern Turkey Chili is super quick and easy to make.
Ahhh, a chill is in the air. Are you as excited as I am for fall? It’s actually a very hard time for me because I’m so conflicted. I’m sad when summer ends and the weather starts getting cooler, but I’m also excited for pumpkin desserts, Halloween, warm sweaters, and colorful autumn leaves. Another thing to look forward to when it starts getting cold? A piping-hot, comforting bowl of CHILI! Because c’mon—what’s more fall-errific than that?!
I created this Hearty Southwestern Turkey Chili on a busy weeknight, using only what I had in the pantry and fridge. I’m SOOOOO glad I did, my friends. It has quickly become a favorite in our house. Packed with better-for-you ground turkey, black and pinto beans, and Spanish rice AND using regular and tomatillo salsas to spice things up, this Hearty Southwestern Turkey Chili is anything but ordinary. You can adjust the heat to your liking. Add jalapenos or use a hot salsa to spice things up, or use a mild salsa to satisfy the kiddos. Wanna know the best thing about this chili though? It’s ready in 10 minutes flat. No time-consuming prep work. Just dump the ingredients in and let it simmer! It’s “souper” quick and easy—and perfect for crazy weeknights or weekends when you want a little more “me” time. A word to the wise: you might want to double the batch. I guarantee you’ll want seconds.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- ⅛ cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 can corn kernels, drained (or 1 cup frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 pkg Spanish Ready Rice*
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, brown the turkey; drain.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to medium.
- Add pinto and black beans, regular salsa, tomatillo salsa, corn, cumin, and chili powder.
- Cook rice in microwave, according to package directions. Add to turkey mixture and simmer for 5 minutes and heat through. Serve with shredded cheese and enjoy!