Baked Ravioli with Meat Sauce is tender cheese ravioli layered with a hearty, delicious meat sauce and cheese. It’s family-friendly and perfect for any weeknight!
Yessss, spring. Ya know something you can never go wrong with, no matter what time of year it is? Lasagna. MMMMM lasagna. The cheesy, rich goodness makes my heart sing. But the time it takes to make lasagna prevents me from making it too often. It’s just a lotta work for an impatient person like me. That’s why I love this Baked Ravioli with Meat Sauce. It tastes like lasagna but doesn’t take near as much time to make!
I found this recipe on Allrecipes years ago and have been making it regularly ever since. I’ve adapted it to my tastes and added more goodies to amp up the flavor and it’s a definite keeper. With layers of meat sauce, cheesy goodness, and ravioli, it’s kid and family-friendly—and a favorite in our house. Make it for company or it’s perfect to make and bring to neighbors, too.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 24-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 20-oz package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until browned; drain. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, spaghetti sauce, and diced tomatoes and simmer 2 minutes.
- Spread ⅓ of the meat sauce in a 13x9 baking dish. Arrange half of the ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with the last ⅓ of the meat sauce on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!