Crispy, baked to golden-brown perfection, and topped with garlic, herbs, and melty Parmesan, these Baked Garlic and Parmesan Potato Rounds are an easy side dish your whole family will love!
Ahh French fries. One of the most deliciously addicting ways to enjoy a potato. But, unfortunately, it’s one of the unhealthiest, too. Baked fries, on the other hand, I can totally get on board with. So when I saw a recipe for cottage fries, which are basically potato rounds that are seasoned and baked to golden-brown perfection, I was ready for FryDay! 🙂 Sure, they’re very similar to baked fries, but their fun round shape makes them uniquely divine. Plus, it means more surface area on which to sprinkle and spread any amazing toppings and herbs your heart desires. What’s not to love?
Tossed with minced garlic and topped with melty Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, these Baked Garlic and Parmesan Potato Rounds are perfectly dunkable and have proven to be worthy contenders of the traditional fried French fry. They’re a super easy, super yummy side dish your whole family will enjoy—actually, let’s be honest—devour.
- 4 large russet potatoes, thinly sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup Parmesan, divided
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh or dried herbs (I used Italian seasoning), to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine potatoes, olive oil, paprika, ½ cup of Parmesan, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake another 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and bake until golden-brown, another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with herbs. Enjoy!