Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing is loaded with fresh veggies and chicken and drizzled with a sweet/spicy dressing. It’s hearty, delicious, and ready in 15 minutes!
I’m sitting here, gazing out the window, and admiring the green grass below. Ahhh yes. GREEN GRASS. Spring, I love you. It’s definitely going to be one heckuva spring this year. Because in a few short weeks, we’ll be welcoming another baby girl to our family. I’m excited and nervous and terrified all at the same time! The sleepless nights, the nursing, the crazy hormones, the fact that we’ll now be outnumbered…it’s all looming in the very close future. At least the past few nights have been preparing me for the lack of sleep. It’s funny how they always tell you to enjoy the sleep while you’re pregnant because you won’t be getting any once baby comes. Obviously, the person who made up that silly notion has never slept with a watermelon attached to their stomach. And has never had to wake up 10 times in the middle of the night to pee or cure a wicked case of heartburn.
One thing that gets me through this crazy pregnancy is an easy weeknight meal. As I mentioned in my last post, my husband is doing the Keto diet, which means carbs are a rarity in our house. The rice and pasta-lover in me is silently weeping. But I have to say that uncovering and creating recipes without the carbs has been a fun challenge, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how many yummy meals we’ve been able to create. So yummy that you don’t even miss the carbs! Say what?! It’s true.
Take this Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing for instance. I have a soft spot in my heart for hearty main dish salads that actually fill you up. All the colorful, crunchy, fresh veggies are so delicious drizzled with a flavorful dressing. This Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing is so easy to make and packed with so many goodies, I seriously crave it on a daily basis. The romaine and coleslaw base is topped with yummy fresh veggies, like bell pepper, sugar snap peas, and shredded carrots. And then you pile on the chicken. Then you drizzle on the all-important, AMAZING sweet/spicy Peanut Dressing and sprinkle that with green onions and chopped peanuts. YUM!
So if you’re looking for a low-carb main dish salad that will tickle your taste buds and satisfy your tummy, whip up this super easy, incredibly delicious Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing. It’s ready in just 15 minutes!
- PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 medium head romaine, chopped
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ⅛ cup peanuts, chopped
- MAKE THE DRESSING. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and cold water until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the remaining ingredients, stirring and simmering until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until the sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- MAKE THE SALADS. Divide the romaine and coleslaw between 2 plates. Top with bell pepper, sugar snap peas, carrots, and chicken. Drizzle with peanut dressing and sprinkle with green onions and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!