These Asian Chicken Wonton Tacos are a true Game Day hit! A mix of fresh veggies and chicken, drizzled with sesame dressing and hoisin sauce, is nestled in crispy, golden wontons!
Who’s ready for the Super Bowl?? Or, more accurately…who’s ready for football, finger food, family, and friends? Yep, I think that pretty much covers all the fun things we can expect for this coming Sunday. We’re having family over to watch the game and to celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday. Four years ago today, she was born a day early, on Super Bowl Sunday. Today she’s a rambunctious, cute-as-a-button, super talkative, fun-loving girl who makes us laugh every day.
I’m still trying to figure out what to do for her cake and am simultaneously coming up with a menu for the Big Game. For food, I have two requirements: it has to be easy and it has to be delicious. So meatballs, these BBQ wings, this guacamole, and a veggie tray are definitely on the list. And so are these Asian Chicken Wonton Tacos. They’re super easy to make and SOOOO yummy. AND They’re better for you, with wontons that are baked (not fried!!), an Asian coleslaw mix full of crisp veggies, tender roasted chicken, sweet Asian dressing, and sweet/salty hoisin sauce. Best part? There’s minimal cooking required (you just gotta bake the wontons), and most of the ingredients are pre-made foods you can find at the store.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Olive oil
- 1 package Dole Chopped Sesame Asian Salad kit (or Asian coleslaw mix of choice)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken (I just used a store-bought roast chicken)
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Asian sesame dressing (if not using the one in Dole's salad kit)
- Hoisin sauce (for drizzling)
- Sesame seeds (optional; for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush or spray each wonton wrapper with olive oil.
- Flip two muffin tins upside-down and place wonton wrappers between each muffin cup, forming a "V" (see picture above). Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad/coleslaw mix, chicken, green onions, carrots, and dressing.
- Remove wontons from oven and place on cookie sheet or rack to cool. Once cool enough to handle, place about ¼ cup of salad mixture into each wonton.
- Drizzle each taco with hoisin sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.