Crispy Baked Chicken Egg Rolls are stuffed with ground chicken and yummy veggies for an easy Game Day appetizer that’s way better than takeout!
Ahhhh Chinese favorites at home. I just get so excited when I discover a great new recipe that proves yet again that YOU DON’T NEED TAKEOUT. Step away from the takeout menu. Cuz this is a super easy, HEALTHIER version of a classic sure to be a hit at any party.
What are your plans for the Super Bowl? We’re having a party here and I pretty much want to make every kind of appetizer you can imagine. But even I have my limits, believe it or not. I do know, however, that these Baked Chicken Egg Rolls are on the menu. They’re crispy and they’re BAKED and not FRIED. Remember those New Year’s resolutions? If you’re still sticking to them, first of all, BIG kudos to you. You’re among the dedicated and awesome 8 percent. And who am I to stop you? These Crispy Baked Egg Rolls are totally diet-friendly and packed with ground chicken and all kinds of yummy veggies.
Whip some of these Baked Chicken Egg Rolls up for Game Day and you’ll be a winner—even if your team doesn’t win. Silver lining, my friends. 😉
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 8 oz coleslaw mix (1/2 of a 16-oz bag)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (3 tsp)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 14-oz can bean sprouts
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine water chestnuts and coleslaw mix in a blender or food processor and pulse until coleslaw is chopped.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat canola and sesame oils. Add chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Add garlic, ginger, carrots, and coleslaw and water chestnut mix. Stir to combine.
- Add bean sprouts, scallions, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Combine until everything is coated with the sauces.
- Fill a small bowl with about ¼ cup water and set aside. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place an egg roll wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you. Scoop ⅛ cup (2 Tbsp) filling onto center of wrapper. Fold the corner closest to you up, then fold both sides in. Roll egg roll, dip your finger in the water, and moisten the top corner. Roll egg roll over that corner to seal it.
- Place egg rolls on cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until golden, flipping each egg roll and spraying each with cooking spray halfway through.