Fresh and delicious Caribbean Chicken Salad features tender chicken, pineapple chunks, craisins, and fresh veggies all drizzled with homemade Honey Dijon dressing!
Oh my heavens, friends. The last few weeks have been pretty rough. The little one has trouble staying down for naps every day, making it very hard to get anything done. It seemed at first like all I was doing was holding, feeding, or changing the baby all day long. But then at night she would sleep for 8 hours straight, which was beyond wonderful. So to save my sanity during the day, I’ve started doing a lot of baby wearing. Yesterday I wore her and she took a nap for two hours while I folded laundry. Yes, it took that long. Because I absolutely hate that job and procrastinate until it gets to the point where we have to comb through several weeks’ worth of laundry to find what we need. Why do I share my sob story? Because it’s the reason I haven’t blogged for over a week. But now I finally have a chance to share this amazing Caribbean Chicken Salad with y’all. YAY!
Now I’ll be the first to tell you that fruit in a salad other than an actual fruit salad just does not appeal to me. But the pineapple in this salad adds a sweetness that when contrasted with the slight spiciness of the homemade Honey Dijon dressing is out-of-this-world delicious. What else is in this super yummy, low-carb, keto-diet-friendly salad? I thought you’d never ask. It’s also loaded with tender chunks of chicken (I guess the name gave that away), green onion, bell pepper, and craisins. And for extra crunch, it’s topped with tortilla strips. What’s not to like? 😉
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade
- ⅛ cup (2 Tbsp) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ cup honey
- ¾ Tbsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ Tbsp cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp lime juice
- 1 head Romaine, washed and torn
- ½ cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup craisins
- 2 cups tortilla strips
- Place chicken breasts in a large plastic bag. Cover with teriyaki marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to high and spray grill grates with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and discard marinade. Grill, covered, for 6-8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
- When cool enough to handle, cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide romaine onto two plates. Add chicken, pineapple chunks, green onions, bell pepper, and craisins. Drizzle each with Honey Dijon mustard and top with tortilla chips. Enjoy!