Awhile back, the hubs and I were eating at Noodles and Company and he was enjoying their mac and cheese. Then he had an idea that proved to be revolutionary. He drizzled sriracha on it. And friends, it was GOOOOOOOD. It’s like sriracha was MADE to be drizzled over mac and cheese. Life purpose fulfilled. Something about the creamy, rich, cheesiness of the noodles contrasted with the kick from the sriracha is truly a treat for the taste buds. If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. Now.
That’s why I’m sharing my favorite new concoction—Creamy Mac and Cheese with Sriracha. You gonna luv. After that fateful day at N and C, I knew I had to recreate the newfound amazingness at home. But I didn’t have a great basic mac and cheese recipe to use (dramatic sniffle). I wanted an easy, one-pot recipe that would be a good standalone mac and cheese for those who like things on the milder side. And my friends, I have found that recipe. For cheese, I went with tried-and-true sharp cheddar but also some Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedges for extra richness and creaminess. The result? Creamy, dreamy mac and cheese like you’ve never indulged in before. Top it with grilled chicken and then drizzle that baby with sriracha to your heart’s content.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss cheese
- Cubed, cooked chicken (optional)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain.
- In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Slowly add half and half, bring to a boil, and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, add cheeses, and stir until cheeses are completely melted.
- Add pasta and stir until noodles are well coated.
- Separate mac and cheese into four plates, top with cooked chicken (optional), and drizzle with Sriracha.