Freezer Breakfast Burritos are chock full of sausage, potatoes, eggs, and cheese. Reheated in just 2 minutes, they’re deliciously satisfying and perfect for chaotic mornings!
Can you believe 2017 is just around the corner? I’ve been MIA for the past few weeks because of the holiday break, but also because I went to St. Petersburg, FL for a reunion with some of my best friends. I hadn’t seen most of these ladies in over a decade and one I hadn’t seen for 27 years (dang, I feel old). What I found is how amazing it is that you can be away from someone for decades and it’s like you’ve never skipped a beat. That’s when you know you’re friends for life.
The weather was amazing—70 degrees during the day with cool mornings and nights. Was I missing the snow here? NOPE. We walked along the beach and went out to eat, but most of all, we relaxed and talked. Something that the full-time-working, exhausted mama in me loved every minute of.
My friend Dominique was so gracious to host our gang. I was lucky enough to be able to stay in her gorgeous guest house.
Speaking of missing something, you may recall me lamenting about how the link to a recipe I loved no longer worked. It was for some delicious Freezer Breakfast Burritos that I made often. What I loved is it made a TON, so they lasted forever and came to my rescue on many a busy morning. Well, the food blogger in me just refused to let that be the end of it. I decided to create some Freezer Breakfast Burritos of my own. And friends, they are GOOOOD.
Chock full of o’brien potatoes, breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheese, these Freezer Breakfast Burritos are deliciously satisfying and hearty. Best part? They’re super easy to freeze and are just as amazing when reheated. Now you can check “Make breakfast” off your hectic morning to-do list!
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes (1/2 of 28-oz bag)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 16-oz package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, Pepper Jack, or Colby Jack cheese
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes according to package directions. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add sausage. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to break up pieces. Remove to another bowl and set aside.
- Add eggs to skillet and pour in milk. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Scrape bottom of eggs frequently to scramble eggs until completely set, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla down in a cookie sheet to avoid a mess. Sprinkle center with 3 Tbsp cheese, 3 Tbsp of sausage, and 3 Tbsp of potatoes. Fold in sides of tortilla and then roll from the bottom up. Place seam side down on the cookie sheet. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Wrap each burrito tightly with plastic wrap and place them all into a large ziploc bag.
- To reheat, unwrap a burrito and place it on a paper towel in your microwave. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Double your efforts! You can easily double this recipe to make 20 burritos!