Taco Tuesdays just got a lot cuter with these Loaded Taco Zucchini Boats! Chock full of all kinds of taco-seasoned goodies, they’re the perfect weeknight dinner!
Friends, I’m so excited to share another keto diet-friendly, low-carb meal with you. After a couple hectic weeks where we ate whatever was convenient and easy, the hubs is back on track with keto. So today I’m sharing one of my new favorites: Loaded Taco Zucchini Boats. And I gotta tell you—zucchini boats are just about the cutest things ever. And I have a confession. Until I started cooking keto-friendly meals, I didn’t even like zucchini. Crazy, I know. But it’s amazing what happens when you’re forced to forego pasta and rice and potatoes.
So if you’re on a low-carb or keto diet or looking for a fun Cinco de Mayo dish, you’re going to love these easy and super yummy Loaded Taco Zucchini Boats. They’re bound to sail their way to your heart and recipe box. Okay, that was cheesy. But so are these babies. Loaded with taco-flavored ground beef, black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes, and sprinkled with melty cheese, green onions, cilantro and jalapenos, they’re a whole lotta deliciousness on a cute, better-for-you zucchini boat.
- 4 zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ can corn kernels
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeno rings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Scoop out zucchini seeds from each zucchini half (leave about ¼ inch around). Cook zucchini halves in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and pat dry.
- Place zucchini halves, cut side up, in prepared baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add onion, taco seasoning, black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Scoop ground beef mixture into each zucchini boat. Sprinkle each boat with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and jalapeno rings (if desired). Enjoy!