Happy Tuesday! This day is pretty special for us because today, my youngest turns two. Now I know it’s kinda cliche to talk about how quickly kids grow up, but man oh man, it’s true. I read an article recently about what empty nesters say are the things they miss the most. Like tucking the kids into bed and reading together. One of my favorite times of the day is bedtime, when I read to each of my girls and tuck them in. Though it’s part of their routine, I cherish it every day because I know someday they’ll be “too old” to be tucked in.
One of the other things empty nesters missed was cuddling. And I gotta say my 2-year-old is one of the best cuddlers EVER. Now, every time I change her diaper, she’ll stretch out her arms and say, “Mommy hug!” It’s just about the cutest thing on earth. So I’ll hug her and then she’ll loosen her arms and I’ll stand up. Then she’ll pull me to her again and give me another big hug. She probably does this about seven times. It never gets old…and it makes diaper changing way more enjoyable. Each time, I think how lucky I am. Not only to have her in my life, but that she’s healthy, happy, and so loving and so willing to give me her big bear hugs.
I also feel lucky because I have this recipe in my life. And I’m super excited to share this Meatball Stroganoff because it’s such a yummy and easy recipe. And you don’t need any cream of anything soup to make it. This Meatball Stroganoff is perfect for a weeknight and you can have it ready to go in just 30 minutes. To cut down on time even more, you can buy frozen meatballs and bake them in the oven while you prepare the sauce. Deeeeliciously simple, my friends.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1¼ cup beef bouillon
- 2 Tbsp dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Egg noodles, cooked
- Fresh or dried parsley, for garnish
- Combine egg, ground beef, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well (I just used my hands). Shape into 14 2-inch meatballs.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and brown on all sides. Reduce heat to low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- For sauce, add mushrooms and onions to skillet. Cook and stir 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- With skillet still off stove, stir flour and ketchup into it until well blended. Slowly stir in broth. Add soup mix. Return to heat and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Return meatballs to skillet. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not bring to a boil. Serve over noodles and garnish with parsley.
Link Parties Linking Here: