Delicious Pesto Parmesan Oven Fries are seasoned generously with pesto and garlic and topped with crispy shredded Parmesan. They’re a hit with our family, and I’m sure they will be with yours, too!
I was in a meeting once where the host asked what we thought the most consumed form of potato in the U.S. was. I immediately thought mashed or baked. But, of course, it was fries. Duh. I think the reason I didn’t think of fries right off is because the fries we’re used to, the typical bathed-in-oil fast food fries, can barely pass for potatoes anymore.
That’s why it’s good to be able to whip up a batch of healthier oven-baked fries in the comfort of your own home—especially if you’re like me and have a goal to eat healthier in 2016. And because some good lovin’ from the oven sounds especially good when it’s freezing outside. These Pesto Parmesan Oven Fries are way yummier than the fast food variety, they’re easy to make, and my picky young daughters give them a unanimous thumbs up. With a hint of pesto and garlic and topped with crispy shredded parmesan, these babies are incredibly delicious on their own. But you can also enjoy them with ketchup or your favorite fry sauce. I won’t judge. 😉
- 6 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp pesto
- 3 tsp (3 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Kosher salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Place potato wedges into a bowl of water, making sure each wedge is covered. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry. I laid them on half of a bath-side towel and patted them dry with the other half.
- Combine olive oil, pesto, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato wedges and toss to combine, making sure each wedge is coated with pesto mixture. Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil, flip wedges, and cook for an additional 12-14 minutes (until wedges are almost fork-tender).
- Sprinkle wedges with Parmesan and continue cooking until cheese is melted and starts to get crispy, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Kosher salt (if desired) and serve.