A little sweet and a little spicy, chunky Pineapple Peach Salsa can be served on chicken, a burger, a hot dog, a salad—you name it!
What’s the second best thing about summer (after warm weather, of course)? If you thought swimming, well, you’d be wrong. That’s third. The second best is, without a doubt, fresh fruit salsa! Now I know you can pretty much make fresh salsa all year round. But fresh FRUIT salsa? Not so much.
And I love homemade tomato-based salsa as much as the next person, but there’s something about this spicy-sweet Pineapple Peach Salsa that just adds that certain je ne sais quoi to a chip. Or a burger. Or a hot dog. Or a salad. I could go on and on, but you see where I’m going with this. Fresh fruit salsa is amazing on just about anything you could whip up on a warm summer day. Especially this salsa, which features not one, but TWO yummy fresh fruits. Pineapple and peach, my friends. They’re absolutely incredible together. Add in crunchy bell pepper and spicy jalapeno and red onion and you have a salsa perfect for any summer gathering, BBQ, game night, or pool party!
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 2 peaches, peeled. pitted, and diced
- ⅓ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ⅛ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine pineapple, peaches, bell pepper, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jalapeno, cider vinegar, and lime juice. Pour over pineapple mixture and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and toss to fully incorporate.