Quick Chicken Teriyaki Bowls are full of fresh veggies and tender grilled chicken and tossed in a sweet teriyaki sauce. Best part? They’re ready in 10 minutes flat!
Happy Monday, friends! Was that a little too enthusiastic for the beginning of the work week? I just can’t help it. I’m pretty freaking excited because the hubs just got his certified flight instructor rating, something he’s been working on for a long, long time. And now he can actually fly for a living! #ShizJustGotReal
AND I’m excited to tell you about a little (actually, not so little) thing I call Quick Chicken Teriyaki Bowls. It’s one of my new food crushes. Why? Because it takes TEN. MINUTES. TO. MAKE. Y’all remember how I did this amazing sponsored post for Barilla Pronto pasta and Tyson frozen chicken strips? Of course you do. Well, I took that same concept and invented these incredible Quick Chicken Teriyaki Bowls because I had some of this Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce and some Barilla Pronto spaghetti noodles in my pantry and some Tyson grilled chicken strips in my freezer. I love the Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce because you can use it as a sauce or marinade AND the ingredients? They’re all something I can pronounce and understand. Plus, the sauce has sesame seeds in it. How awesome is that? It’s not your average, run-of-the-mill teriyaki sauce. It’s a double threat. Like an actor who can sing AND act.
And the thing I love about the Barilla Pronto spaghetti is not only does it take just 10 minutes to make from start to finish, but the noodles are like half as long as regular spaghetti noodles. It used to drive my mom crazy when we’d go to Italian restaurants and I would cut my spaghetti noodles up. I’m just not into slurping and trying in vain to twirl them onto a fork. So the Barilla Pronto variety is right up my alley.
I added some fresh and colorful veggies, like bell peppers, broccoli, red onion, and shredded carrots to complete the happily ever after. There. To those who say fairy tales can’t come true, I say they haven’t felt the utter exhilaration that comes from creating a delicious weeknight meal that takes just 10 tiny minutes to make and quickly climbs the ranks to keeper status.
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 package steamable broccoli
- ½ bag Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips ((or 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken)
- ¾ cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce (or teriyaki sauce of your choice)
- 1 12-oz pkg Barilla Pronto spaghetti noodles
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Place noodles in a large skillet over high heat and add 3 cups cold water. Set timer for 10 minutes. Stir noodles occasionally (especially close to the end of the 10 minutes to avoid sticking as the water evaporates).
- While noodles cook, cook broccoli in microwave according to package directions.
- Place chicken strips on a microwave-safe plate and cook in microwave for 2-1/2 minutes. Remove and cut into chunks.
- When timer shows 2 minutes remaining, add bell pepper, red onion, and carrots to skillet with noodles and stir until well incorporated.
- During last minute of cooking, stir in broccoli, chicken, and teriyaki sauce. Stir until well combined. Divide into 4 plates and sprinkle each with green onions.